Recipe: Strawberry Quinoa Salad
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Ingredients needed to make this strawberry quinoa salad.
· ½ cup dry quinoa
· 2 cups baby spinach leaves, chiffonade (cut in long, thin strips)
· ⅔ cup sliced strawberries
· 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
· 1 handful of fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
· 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Place quinoa in medium saucepan along with 1¾ cups water. Bring to boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked.
2. Remove lid and cook until all water is evaporated. Remove from heat.
3. Make the dressing by combining all ingredients in a bowl or jar.
4. Place the quinoa, spinach, strawberries, toasted almonds, and basil in bowl and combine.
5. Add and toss in dressing just prior to serving.